Position: P-12 Principal – 12 month position
Start Date: July 1, 2023
Salary: Competitive and based on experience
Qualifications: Master’s Degree and certification as NYS School Building Leader (SBL) plus,
• Minimum of five years of experience in education
• Strong leadership, collaboration, organizational, written and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal, engagement, and relationship building skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of federal and NYS laws, regulations, and mandates as they apply to school governance (Part 100 regulations)
• Comprehensive knowledge of federal and NYS laws, regulations, and mandates as they apply to special education (Part 200 regulations)
• Knowledge of current research, best practices, assessment, professional development and instructional strategies, programming, and models in the field of secondary education
• Knowledge of NYS Pathways to Graduation with a focus on preparing “future-ready” students.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to establish positive building climate and culture, aligning practices to the District’s Vision and Mission
• Ensure compliance with the district’s Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR) and district performance evaluation requirements for instructional and support staff
• Provide administrative oversight to extra-curricular club and activity advisors. Collaborate with Athletic Coordinator in administration of athletic programs.
• Interpret/present building goals, programs, and student performance to the Board of Education, administrative team, and the community
• Is visible in the school and accessible to the community, attends school activities, functions, and Board of Education meetings
• Serves as a member of appropriate committees, attends Administrative Cabinet meetings and Principal meetings both locally and regionally
• Engage in progressive disciplinary practices, including restorative practices in response to student behaviors, consistent with district policies and Code of Conduct.
Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment:
• Provide instructional leadership in the continuous growth of programs, curriculum and instruction at the secondary level that is data-informed and student-centered.
• Provide leadership in the implementation of Response to Intervention (RTI), Academic Intervention Services (AIS), School Counseling and special education services in collaboration with the Director of Special Education and Student Services
• Coordinates and implements the building’s testing program, including annual ordering of assessments
• Establishes a strong data culture referencing various forms of formative and summative assessment to inform instructional practices.
• Develops and implements the MS/HS Master Schedule in collaboration with the executive principal, teachers and school counselors.
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of NYS Learning Standards at the secondary level, including practices of curriculum alignment and mapping
• Assist in recruiting, hiring and retention processes for position vacancies
• Demonstrates an ability to be equitable and consistent with all faculty and staff, creating an environment of learning and discipline which develops mutual trust, respect, and cooperation
• Collaboratively lead professional development (PD) for all staff aligned with district vision, mission, and goals
• Conducts ongoing evaluation and supervision of faculty/staff consistent with parameters set forth in collective bargaining agreements and APPR
• Provides clinical supervision of staff through a structured observation process in a timely fashion
• Recommends to the Superintendent teachers/staff for tenure or dismissal, including evidence to support such recommendations
• Maintains regular communication with faculty and staff including conducting regular faculty meetings
Fiscal Management and Budget:
• Prepare and manage annual building budget in collaboration with the Business Official and Superintendent
• Involves staff in the development of the building budget priorities based on District and building goals
• Monitors building expenditures and faculty/staff requests
• Recommends staffing needs to the Superintendent in a fiscally responsible manner
• Chaperoning of evening events
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools
P-12 faculty and staff in partnership with district administrators and supervisors.
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
How to apply: Applications can be downloaded by visiting w ww.ovcs.org (Employment Opportunities) and should include at minimum: completed application, cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, and unofficial
transcripts. All applicants should also submit an application via OLAS by visiting www.olasjobs.org.
Correspondence should be directed to:
Dr. Georgia Gonzalez
Superintendent of Schools
Otselic Valley Central School District PO Box 161, 125 County Road 13A South Otselic NY 13155