It is expected that families with students in Otselic Valley Central School will receive $420 in food benefits per eligible child from the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) program. P - E B T is a new program to help fill the school meals gap. This includes all children who attend a school that provides free meals to all, like Otselic Valley.
Important highlights of P - E B T:
- Each eligible child will receive $420 in P - E B T food benefits.
- P- E B T benefits can be used to buy food at SNAP-participating stores.
- There is no application. P - E B T benefits are being issued automatically between June and August. PLEASE NOTE: Failies who receive SNAP, Public Assistance, or Medicaid will get benefits on their current EBT or Medicaid card. Others will receive a new EBT card in the mail.
- Your immigration status does not matter for P- E B T. Using P - E B T does not affect your or your child's immigration status. The public charge rule does not apply to P - E B T.
- P - E B T is not SNAP, and does not replace other nutrition programs. You can use other programs, like summer meals, SNAP and WIC, while using P - E B T. You can still get "grab and go" or delivered meals from your school, and participate in drive-through food giveaways.
Visit https://hungersolutionsny.org/pebt/ to learn more.
If you have not received a P - E B T card and/or benefit my mid-August, call the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (N Y S O T D A): 1-833-452-0096.