Due to a term expiration, residents of the Otselic Valley Central School District will elect one board member this year, for a five-year term ending June 20, 2027.
This year the district did not receive any petitions for board elections, but voting must still be held. It is up to district residents to write-in a candidate you would like to see serve as a Board member. The candidate with the most write-in votes will fill the vacancy. In the event no qualified candidates receive votes or the candidate with the most votes refuses the seat, the Board of Education may choose to appoint a qualified person to fill the vacancy. A vote counts if the candidate's name is spelled incorrectly as long as ballot inspectors can decipher the name. A vote also counts if the candidate's name is written as a common nickname used in the community for that candidate. Votes for unqualified candidates will be disregarded.
Qualifications to be a school member include:
- Ability to read and write
- May not be a family member residing in the same household of a current board member
- 18 years old or older
- May not be a current employee of the District
- U.S. citizen
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office (an incompatible public office would be one that is subordinate to another or if the two positions are inherently inconsistent with each other)
- District resident for at least one continuous year
Write-in ballots will be available at Otselic Valley Central School on Tuesday, May 17 while polls are open: noon to 9 pm.
Thank you for voting.