UPDATES for TUESDAY, March 24
FOOD DELIVERY is available daily (Monday-Friday) for breakfasts and lunches, as well as weekly Backpack Program packages, for those who request it. Please note that this delivery schedule may change as we manage staff needs, and we'll keep you posted on that.
- Please leave a box, tote, or cooler at the end of your driveway where we can put the food. This keeps the delivery safe, and helps staff practice social distancing as required to prevent spread of the coronavirus/COVID-19.
- Students in town who normally walk to school will also continue to get deliveries.
- Please keep your pets contained when deliveries are coming around.
- Thanks for your patience as we get the right materials to the students for which they are intended.
- The buses leave around 9 am daily so their drop off times will become familiar.
- Email Mrs. Burpee at [email protected] to make changes, or to be added to the daily food delivery list. Email Mrs. Morse at [email protected] to be added to the weekly Backpack Program delivery as well.
ANYONE AGE 18 AND YOUNGER WHO IS RESIDING WITH A FAMILY HAVING AT LEAST ONE CHILD ENROLLED IN OUR DISTRICT can get food through TWO drive-up/walk-up sites, either the South Otselic or Georgetown schools, from 9 am to 10:30 am, Monday-Friday.
IF YOUR STUDENT HASN’T YET CONNECTED with teachers, please encourage them to do so today. We need to know who is able to access school content and who is having difficulty. Our teachers are reaching out, but parents/guardians are also encouraged to contact us so we can get you sorted. Email Mrs. Richards, our Principal, if you need help or have questions: [email protected]
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT WHICH ONLINE RESOURCES YOUR STUDENT SHOULD BE USING, check the student materials that were originally sent home, but also stay tuned. We will share a list here on Facebook and on the website so you can see each teacher’s tools, including new resources as they are added. Keep in mind that these teaching tools are selected individually by our educators because they work best for their students--it’s not one-size-fits-all. Teacher creativity and adaptation is ongoing, just like their students!
CHORUS STUDENTS, Mr. Scott made a Google Site you can use to keep rehearsing: https://sites.google.com/view/otselic-valley-high-chorus/home . Click Home, click High School or Elementary Chorus from the drop down menu, and check out your music!
READING AT OTSELIC VALLEY! is another new Facebook Group -- you have to ask to join it, which means you can participate and only Group members will see your posts. Mrs. Whorrall started with some terrific reading (and writing and drawing) prompts for younger students. Find it on Facebook, and enjoy
FUNDRAISING PROJECTS continue, but there are some changes:
- The Krispy Kreme fundraiser is still on, but we don’t have a delivery date yet. If you would like a refund, contact Mr. Wentworth at [email protected]
- The PTO Gertrude Hawk chocolate delivery is still expected during the week of March 30th, and we will share details when we have them.
DO YOUR BEST but don’t worry, students and families. We know these are unusual times, and we are all getting through this together. We have never been more proud to be Vikings!